How Secure is RFID in Physical Access?
The most common credential for door access is misperceived as a security token. Most of the time, it has no security implementation, nor does it attempt to hide the data that it is authenticating. Yes, it’s passive, often clear text, and anything on the same frequency can make it barf its data. Want this protecting your data center doors? Why didn’t your PCI QSA’s catch this?
In this recorded session from bSides Los Angeles Security Conference, Terry explains:
- How do building access control systems work?
- Why as IT should you care what technology that someone else has installed on your door?
- How to tell if you are vulnerable.
- Types of vulnerabilities, attacks and social engineering that can be executed.
- What you should be doing about it.