D6 RESEARCH VISION AND MISSION
Anticipating this evolution, Terry Gold founded D6 Research® in 2014 with the vision of providing practitioners the most credible, in-depth, and actionable, insights industry. The mission is to provide foresight to challenges in an increasingly complex industry and bring clarity to navigate through disruptions using new approaches.
Our research is focused around transforming what security programs should achieve rather than following common practice models that serve as blueprints for silos, limitations and concede to those that have been too difficult to solve. Our dedication to in-depth research decreases the burden on internal resources and narrows the scope of work assigned to consultants.
CREDIBILITY AND NEUTRALITY
Central to everything we do is achieving trustworthiness across the entire industry. Beyond just a statement, we’ve built our business model to limit conflicts of interest. We’re transparent about what we research, how we do it, and give clients access to our analysts to field questions and concerns. D6 never payments or in-kind donations to influence our research outcomes. And we never participate direct or indirect arrangements where we could benefit from a research position.
D6 RESEARCH FOCUS & METHODOLOGY
Context separates research that may be interesting and relevant from being insightful and actionable. D6 Research is focused on global enterprise organizations that aspire to high security. Injecting the same universally agreed information security principles where core concepts of cyber security, governance and methodology are woven into the research process to provide modern guidance. Smaller organizations can by apply the insights if they have similar aspirations and can be selective of what insights the choose to employ.
It’s taken a few years to build controlled processes, proprietary tools, and dig through the myriad of conflicting information at very low levels. Through it all, we’ve embed ourselves in some of the largest end user environments in the world to apply them against live data. We continually stress test our concepts against real-world operations to see where they break or succeed before we publish.
Finally, we’re set to transition from producing the custom research that’s been exclusive to clients to public general releases at a fraction of the cost. For example, we’ve been modeling cloud, mobile, artificial intelligence and machine learning in some of the largest companies in the world for years before the industry would acknowledge they had credibility. But we remain far ahead in our understanding, their applications and the depth of analysis.
CORE PRINCIPLES TO OUR RESEARCH APPROACH
- Transparency around scope, objectives, and assessment methodology.
- Neutrality in our research process, interactions, and findings.
- Research considers a broad range of viewpoints for investigation.
- Analysts are subject domain experts.
- Concentration on forward-looking concepts and transformational outcomes.
WHAT’S IN A D6 RESEARCH REPORT?
- Baselines and measurements for transformational outcome models.
- Current market assessments (objectives, practices, effectiveness, viability).
- Exploring deficiencies in markets, drivers for change, source attribution, and impact.
- Survey data (macro): Market, trend, and consensus analysis.
- Survey data (micro): Technology sentiment, adoption plans, and budget priorities.
- Segmentation of technology use cases and variance of applications.
- Outlook and for technology evolution, adoption challenges, and pitfalls.
- Vendor landscape and detailed capability assessments.
- Visibility into evolving practices, methods, and cautions.
- Transition, migration, and de-risking strategies.
- Requirement advisory & tools.
- Project phasing and solution validation practices.
- Cost analysis metrics and considerations
BENEFITS OF SUBSCRIBING TO D6 RESEARCH REPORTS
- We get unique access to real-world proprietary data that most others can’t.
- Annual subscription; never goes stale. Stay updated on new concepts and viability.
- Visibility beyond constraints of your customers, channels, resources and methods.
- Insights into cyber resiliency, attack vectors and methods built into all reports.
- Understand how your viewpoints and plans stack up against the market.
A Flexible Model with More Value
- Pay only for topics of interest, intent of use, and # of licenses.
- Access to research analyst to answer questions about the report (with every purchase)
- Analyst access time included for regular calls (see website benefit tiers & details)
- Content from reports available for marketing integration and redistribution.
Sign up to receive notifications about exclusive content, research, events, and more.
Don’t worry, we go light on notifications and you can always opt out.